Career Opening – CFO
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes:
- interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines;
- ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel; and
- monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including:
- organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports;
- reports to funding agencies; and
- development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance to IFRS &/or local GAAP and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization’s Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage
incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): account development, finance and investments, finance management, Accounting Audit.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Senior Managers specializing in Finance – Corporate Finance/Investment/Merchant Banking, Finance – Audit/Taxation or equivalent.
- Current trends, developments, and theories in job readiness training and adult education.
- Issues, concerns, and barriers of employees newly entering the workforce
- Laws, regulations, and rules governing work requirements
- Resources of public and private social service and related agencies
- Organizational development, human resources, and program operations
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, local community advocates, participants, and employers.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Massive Wisdom Group Pte Ltd (MWG) acts as an early business model partner and investor, typically providing actionable business model before the company’s first or second outside capital from venture capital investments. We invest our knowledge, experience, time and energy in potentially scalable start-up businesses (idea, conception, prototype and inception) and accelerate them with proprietary intellectual property and technologies, potentially large markets, strong management teams, a well-developed business model and sustainable competitive advantage.
MWG is a Singapore-based company right in the center of Asia. We are the market leader in IT development and management. Having 19 years of past knowledge in IT development, MWG has established many niche businesses. Ever since then, most of them have formed the core of its activities, the Group has many companies associated with it worldwide and MWG has the ultimate plan to expand from Asian markets as well. MWG’s main platforms are community based, such as marketing and advertising sites, job sites, technology sites, social community websites, information sites, etc.