The Team You Will Join
You will join an online entertainment spin-off company from Massive Wisdom Group.
Who We Are Looking For
We are recruiting a talented and ambitious Android Developer to join our IT team. The successful candidate will play an integral role in designing and developing Android applications for both MDM solution and our exciting IoT platform for customer facing applications.
The Basic Job Requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of experience in software design and development
• Deep knowledge of Android
• Solid experience with Eclipse/Android studio
• Solid experience with networking (working with JSON etc.),
• Working with concurrent apps, security aspects etc.
• Excellent Java programming skills
• One or more deployed enterprise or consumer mobile applications
• Strong intuition for UX and user behaviour
• JSON, XML, SOAP, REST
• OO programming and design patterns
• APIs and Web Services
• Server-side technologies such as PHP and Java / Python+Java
• Deep experience writing top-tier Android apps. Able to code in straight Java.
• Experience of Git and Source Control
• Experienced working with QA to conduct Unit and UI automated tests
• Agile development experience an advantage
• Experience with IoT Cloud Platforms (ThingWorx, IBM BlueMix) is an advantage.
• A deep appreciation for design and pixel-level detail.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with our internal IoT team to develop customer facing applications to support our sensor to cloud strategy
• Create best practices to produce secure code for publishing on external app stores
• Work as part of a wider IT organisation to develop internal productivity enhancing applications (through MDM delivery)
• Maintain existing applications improving the overall app performance and adding new features
• Create new and innovative product features from idea creation to release
• Develop code that is efficient, clean, scalable and secure
• Act as subject matter expert for the team by using your technical expertise
• Play a vital role within the team in the creation of complex software solutions
• Collaborate cross-functionally with teams located in different regions